GM Diabetes My Way
The GM Diabetes MyWay (GDMW) project is a collaborative led by the Greater Manchester and Eastern Cheshire Strategic Clinical Networks (SCNs) which will provide people with diabetes with a new one-stop digital platform designed to help them self-manage their condition more effectively and provide education on how to do this. The SCNs are led by the GMHSC Partnership.
It is one of seven Test Beds from Wave 2 of the NHS England’s Test Bed funding programme.
The project partners collaborating in GM are:
- Greater Manchester and Eastern Cheshire Strategic Clinical Networks – NHS lead organisation providing project management and clinical guidance.
- MyWay Digital Health Limited - the award-winning MyDiabetesMyWay platform will enable health record/data-driven education access for people with diabetes, and act as an integrator platform for other services.
- Billaway Health Limited - helps engagement with patients. As people engage, they automatically earn credit to monthly bills like mobile phones, utility, financial services, insurance, and social media & entertainment.
- Changing Health Limited - provides behaviour change programmes for people with Type 2 diabetes, pre-diabetes, and weight management, clinically proven to transform health outcomes.
- MyCognition Limited - MyCognition’s App will assess and enhance people’s cognitive health, helping them better manage their T2DM and protecting mental well-being.
- Oviva Limited - a new type of healthcare provider using virtual clinics and high-frequency follow-ups to increase system capacity, improve clinical outcomes and lower the cost of delivering care.
- The University of Manchester - The University of Manchester, part of the prestigious groups of universities, is a truly global institution, with a reputation for education and innovation that resonates across the world.
NHS England leads the National Health Service (NHS) in England. It sets the priorities and direction of the NHS and encourages and informs the national debate to improve health and care.
It wants everyone to have greater control of their health and their wellbeing, and to be supported to live longer, healthier lives by high-quality health and care services that are compassionate, inclusive and constantly improving.
NHS England shares out more than £100 billion in funds and holds organisations to account for spending this money effectively for patients and efficiently for the taxpayer.
For further information, visit https://www.england.nhs.uk/about/about-nhs-england/
Innovate UK is the UK’s innovation agency. It is part of UK Research and Innovation, a non-departmental public body funded by a grant-in-aid from the UK government and drives productivity and economic growth by supporting businesses to develop and realise the potential of new ideas.
It connects businesses to the partners, customers, and investors that can help them turn ideas into commercially successful products and services and business growth.
Its support is available to businesses across all economic sectors, value chains, and UK regions. For more information, visit www.innovateuk.ukri.org.